Safeguarding Essentials- Thursday 7th October 2021
October 7 @ 19:00 - 21:00£15.00
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure that we safeguard the young people we work with. This workshop is suitable for anyone, over the age of 16, employed or volunteering in a youth focused organisation. It can be accessed as an introduction to safeguarding or an annual refresher.
- Identify legislation which safeguards and protects children
- Explain the types of abuse and recognise the signs and indicators
- Identify the process for handling disclosures
- Explain how to report concerns
- £15 per person
- The session will be held on Zoom. You will need a laptop/computer with a webcam and microphone. Mobile devices will not be able to access the interactive features but you can join the session using one.
- This is an interactive session requiring participation in group tasks so please limit distractions.
You will be sent the link to the workshop 48 hours in advance of the training.
Maximum 12 places available.
Session facilitator: Sarah Simmons, Training Officer Action4Youth